Dear Dr. Piazza:
Thank you very much for your generous gift to Women for Women International
in support of women survivors of conflict, violence, and injustice.
Your contribution makes it possible
to reach more women living in utter poverty, deprivation, and terror
- helping them move from crisis and transition to self sufficiency.
As part of our global community, you will receive Women for Women
International’s E-alerts and newsletters to keep you updated
on how your gift is helping the women in our programs. As you know,
there is much work to be done.
· 80% of all refugees and displaced persons globally are
women and children.
· Rape is consciously used as a tool of genocide and a weapon
· 20,000 Bosnian women were raped during the Balkan wars between 1992
· 500,000 Rwandese women were raped in the 1994 genocide.
· 70% of the 1.2 billion people living in poverty are female.
· More than one million women and children are trafficked
each year worldwide for forced labor, domestic servitude, or sexual
· The illiteracy rate of women is nearly twice that of men
in developing countries.
· 6,000 girls undergo genital cutting everyday throughout
· At least one in three women and girls has been beaten or
sexually abused in her lifetime.
Your gift provides women with the tools and resources they need
to overcome these statistics and create lasting change.
Thank you for responding to the urgent needs of women around the
world and becoming a part of our family of supporters and friends.
The women in our programs are not voiceless nameless victims. They
are courageous, resilient women who - with help from friends like
you - can discover the tools they need to make their lives safer
and more secure.
Founder and President
501(c)3 Employer Identification Number #: 52-1838756
Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of U.S. law.